The following information will cover administrative changes for the 2021-22 school year.
On July 1, Interim Wilshire Park Elementary School (WP) Principal Amy Kujawski will be transitioning back to her previous role as Principal of St. Anthony Middle School (SAMS). This will then relieve St. Anthony Village High School Principal Justin Sawyer and Superintendent Dr. Renee Corneille from this year’s Co-Principal duties held at SAMS.
SAMS Assistant Principal EmaKate Brohman will also resume her role as Dean of Students at the middle school.
Process and timeline of hiring new principal at WP:
- Position posted May 14: The posting for this position was made publicly available today on the district website, EdPost, Minnesota Association of School Administrators, Minnesota Elementary School Principals Association and Indeed job boards. The posting will remain open until June 4, 2021.
- Survey: The following survey is being shared with our families, staff and community, to help us develop the principal candidate profile from which all applications will be screened. Take the survey.
- Community feedback opportunity set for June 9-10: Parents/guardians, staff and community members will have an opportunity to provide feedback on the selected candidates by reviewing non-identifiable summaries of their overall experience and answers to questions from their online application.
- Based upon this feedback, district administration will rank each candidate, determining the candidates for the first set of interviews taking place in mid-June.
- Attend one of the two days—either at WP's Media Center or at Community Services (CS) lobby—to provide your feedback (attendees will wear masks and remain socially distanced):
- June 9: WP’s Media Center (3600 Highcrest Rd NE) from 7 a.m. to noon;
OR—CS lobby (3301 Silver Lake Rd) from 2 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- June 10: CS lobby (3301 Silver Lake Rd) from 7 a.m. to noon;
OR—WP’s Media Center (3600 Highcrest Rd NE) from 12:30-4:30 p.m.
- Interview team: This team will consist of 14 people (teachers, administrators, clerical/para, food service/custodial, and parents). Following the candidate interviews, the team will rank the candidates and recommend the top three for a second interview which is set to take place toward the end of June.
- New WP Principal announced: Our goal is to formally announce a new WP Principal in early July.